Netherlands Long Stay Visa from Nigeria

Netherlands Long Stay Visa from Nigeria

This visa is also called a temporary stay permit. In most instances, You may need to apply for a long-stay visa before your travel to the Netherlands. But If your stay in the Netherlands exceeds 90 days, you will need a residence permit.

MVV applications for adoption

To apply for MVV for children under 11 years old (only for adoption), contact the Netherlands consulate-general in Lagos at to schedule an appointment. For details on obtaining a residence permit for your adopted child, visit the Immigration and Naturalisation Service (IND) website.

Applying for Other Visa Categories

For other types of visas, you can apply at either the Netherlands embassy in Cotonou, Accra, Ghana, or in Benin.

  • If you apply for your visa in Accra or Cotonou, you wait for it to be processed, which takes 15 days, or take your passport back home. 
  • If you take your passport back home, you can send it to the embassy through delivery to finish the application. After it is done, you will need to work with DHL to get back your passport.
Scroll to Top